What is a planned gift?
A planned gift is one which is funded or promised now, but not received by Peppermint Ridge until after the death of the donor.
Why is planned giving a good idea?
- It allows you to designate a gift to fund the mission of The Ridge in the future
- You’ll have the opportunity to plan now to receive the best gift and tax advantages
- You can fulfill your personal desire to make a difference in the lives of others
What is the most common and easiest type of planned gift? A Bequest
A bequest is a written statement which directs that a gift be made to Peppermint Ridge upon the death of the person who established the will. There are many ways to make this request:
Percentage - Provides for a bequest of a certain percentage of your total estate:
I give to Peppermint Ridge, a California not-for-profit corporation, ______% of my total estate disposed of by this will (trust).
Residual- Assigns your residuary estate after other specific bequests, debts, taxes and expenses have been paid:
I give to Peppermint Ridge, a California not-for-profit corporation, the residue of my estate (or_____% of the residue of my estate).
Specific- Provides for gifts of specific assets or a specific dollar amount.
I give to Peppermint Ridge, a California not-for-profit corporation, the sum of $________ or (name asset).
Contingent- Names Peppermint Ridge as an alternative beneficiary in the event that your primary beneficiary does not survive you:
If ____________ shall fail to survive me, then I give the same to Peppermint Ridge, a California not-for-profit corporation.
Helpful information when drafting a Will and Trust:
1) The legal names associated with Peppermint Ridge are “Peppermint Ridge” and “The Ridge.”
2) The address of the administrative office is 825 Magnolia Avenue, Corona, CA 92879.
3) The Tax ID number is 95-2409851
There are many types of planned gifts that produce an income during your lifetime.
If you are interested in these options, please contact Tracy Mauser at tmauser@PeppermintRidge.org for more information.